Wednesday, December 27, 2006

do they not like me?

well. i encountered an interesting phenomenon today. at one point there were only 5 people on my msn list that were online. for some people this may not be such a surprise. but it is for me. most days, i get at least 30 or more people online. many people have laughed at the fact that at any moment while i'm online, there could be up to 60-70 people online, i'm probably talking 1, if any.. i wonder about this myself at times. do i really know this many people? do they know me? i could probably point out and identify each person, though they may not be able to remember who i am.
i think a good number are just friend of friends, and might've lost me from their lists, and i did not delete. and others are probably old accounts of the some of the same people.. so i might not actually know 233 people online.. i know that there are some people that actually use multiple accounts..
oh wow.. as i'm typing this, the online list just went down to 4 for about 30 seconds..
well.. i don't really know what this is leading to.. when i started, i thought i was going somewhere with this.. oh well..
i guess.. your contact list doesn't really show how many people you know.. and that how many people you know is the not the most important, but how much do i know about the people that are closest to me.. just because a person is close, doesn't mean you know them. that all depends on each of us to decide..
one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite bands, The Lovesong (http://www.myspace.com/thelovesong)
"too many friends will lead to no close friends"

1 comment:

alan.schram said...

You should write more.

On your blog.

So I don't feel silly every time I check it and there's nothing new.